Learn about a network of streets to improve connectivity
The Northside Network Phase 1 of projects involve a series of streets that could see a number of improvements that will create less stressful biking and walking connectivity within and through the neighborhoods of Manchester and Chateau. The Manchester and Chateau neighborhoods sit at the crossroads of several destinations, yet there remain significant barriers to safe walking and biking. Improvements along this cluster of streets, identified in the Manchester Chateau Neighborhood plan, will help address these issues.
This network of streets will provide better access to: the Chateau and Manchester neighborhoods and the Chateau Trail, important corridors for accessing Downtown Pittsburgh and North Shore amenities; Ohio River Neighborhoods; Central Northside and CCAC; bicycling infrastructure on Brighton Rd and improved access to Riverview Park and Brighton Heights.
Projects for this Northside Network Phase 1 will include:
- Brighton Rd Corridor – Ridge Ave to North Ave
- California Avenue Bike Facilities – Brighton Ave to Marshall Ave
- Columbus Avenue Corridor – Manhattan to Fulton Ave
- Fulton St Neighborway – Western to Juniata
- Manhattan Ave Neighborway – Western to Juniata
- Juniata St Neighborway – Chateau to Fulton
- Pennsylvania Ave Bike Facilities- Brighton to Allegheny
Please join us for a virtual public meeting to learn more about each project within the network. Each meeting, and follow up meeting, will provide an opportunity to to share your feedback and ask questions.
If you need a sign language interpreter for this meeting, please email us: email@example.com