Become a MoveForwardPGH Street Team Member
Healthy Ride is seeking support staff for the MoveForwardPGH campaign who will be responsible for deploying informational posters and door hangers throughout Pittsburgh neighborhoods. This effort will help to educate and engage Pittsburgh residents about upcoming bike infrastructure improvements to their street, neighborhood, and throughout the City of Pittsburgh.
Position: MoveForwardPGH Street Team Member
Positions Available: 2
Location: Healthy Ride office, City of Pittsburgh
Reports to: Community Initiatives Manager
Deadline: Open until filled
Compensation: $15 per hour, 10-15 hours per week, March – September 2021
Communities of Focus:
- East Liberty
- North Side – Manchester, Central North Side, California-Kirkbride, Allegheny West, Allegheny Center
- Squirrel Hill
- South Side Flats
MoveForwardPGH Street Team Members will possess a passion for community engagement,have strong organizational skills, thrive when working on their own, are detail oriented, and are able to meet quick deadlines. As a MoveForwardPGH Street Team Member, you will work with Healthy Ride staff, Bike Pittsburgh staff, and the City of Pittsburgh’s Department of Mobility and Infrastructure to rapidly implement communications to city residents regarding bicycle infrastructure improvements, community meetings, and ongoing project updates.
MoveForwardPGH Street Team Members may also assist with pop-up activations, infrastructure installation, and other projects as assigned. Street Team Members must provide their own transportation for all asset distribution, and must be able to walk up to 3 miles per day, and access neighborhoods across Pittsburgh. MoveForwardPGH Street Team Members will work approximately 10 hours per week throughout the campaign season of March-September 2021.
This is a part-time, seasonal position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Distribute project posters and door hangers throughout project areas
- Work with the Community Initiatives Manager to ensure all properties and assigned
locations receive materials by project deadlines
- Track deployment locations, and retrieve all posters after the campaign is finished
- Uphold all City and campaign guidelines for proper deployment
- Attend weekly meetings as necessary (Wednesdays at 3pm)
- Communicate the benefits of biking in relation to the community, personal health,
environmental impacts, and the first/last mile of transit
- Provide enthusiastic, friendly, and passionate customer service for community cyclists of
- Recognize where bike paths/trails are in your neighborhoods and the rest of the city in
order to coordinate group rides
- Learn about new and upcoming safe cycling infrastructure and initiatives and
communicate these updates to community members and new riders
- Assist with pop-up activations, infrastructure installation, and other projects as assigned
- A flexible schedule; most deployments will allow for a 5-day window for successful
- Highly organized
- Strong interpersonal communicator
- An enthusiasm for being outdoors and being active
- Ability to walk long distances, up-to 3-miles per day
- A desire to learn about current and forthcoming local bike infrastructure (bike lanes,
trails, neighborways, etc), local bike laws, and safe city cycling practices and help
- Culturally aware and comfortable working with diverse populations and stakeholders
across the city
- Excited to get outside, ride bikes, and motivate others to do the same!
To apply, please send us your resume or a list of work and volunteer experience, along with a
Email your application materials to email@example.com with “MoveForwardPGH Street
Team” in the subject line.